PSA Marine has an excellent
reputation in the marine industry.
Candidates are expected to:-
Carry out mechanical repair and maintenance works onboard marine vessels and other related workshop equipment;
Troubleshoot and carry out thorough mechanical servicing, checking and testing of all marine craft systems and rectify any deficiencies;
Conduct sea trials and ensure all mechanical systems are working within specifications; and
Perform lathe machining, welding and cutting works to facilitate machinery repair.
The ideal candidate should preferably:-
- Possess at least a Nitec in Marine Technology, Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent qualification;
- Familiar with hydraulic, pneumatic and/or electrical control systems;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Possess a valid Class 3 driving license and MOM accredited certifications such as SSIC, Safety Supervisor, Lifting Supervisor, Forklift Driving;
- Candidates with prior experience in performing mechanical fitment, basic gas and TIG welding, hydraulic and pneumatic system troubleshooting will be considered favourably; and
- Candidates with relevant experience may be considered for a senior position.