PSA Marine has an excellent
reputation in the marine industry.
Candidates are expected to:-
- Lead and deploy Fleet Engineering Specialists in the team, who carry out maintenance and repair work of marine crafts and their machinery, and related workshop equipment;
- Update Fleet Engineering Management team on the manpower strength of his shift daily and manage engagement levels within the team;
- Coordinate with Fleet Operations team daily for repair and maintenance of marine crafts and to provide feedback on readiness of marine crafts for operations;
- Take lead in driving Fleet Innovation and/or newbuilds construction projects;
- Review stock items and propose recommendations to stock spares for maintenance and repair work;
- Plan and monitor the maintenance schedule of all equipment onboard marine crafts and in the workshop;
- Responsible for the learning and development, performance and discipline of the team of Fleet Engineering Specialists;
- Mentor, coach and motivate the team of Fleet Engineering Specialists to achieve the relevant targets and outcomes;
- Work with the key managers to co-create a conducive working environment; and
- Upkeep and maintain proper records of all assets, jobs done, purchase for spares, special tools and manpower utilisation.
The ideal candidate should preferably:-
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Marine, Mechanical, Electrical or its equivalent;
- Have good cross-discipline knowledge in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering domain;
- Have good knowledge of electrical and instrument systems and familiar with electrical schematics diagram and symbols;
- Have good leadership qualities and flair for problem-solving and project management skills;
- Have good interpersonal skills with the ability to build cordial and effective working relationships with people at all levels;
- Have good communications skills especially in drafting written reports as well as doing business presentations; and
- More experienced candidates may be considered for a senior position.