PSA Marine has an excellent
reputation in the marine industry.
Reporting to the Deputy Manager (Fleet Engineering) in charge of docking section, the successful candidate will lead docking projects for the fleet of marine vessels that includes harbour tugs, water barges and pilot launches.
The successful candidate is expected to:-
- Coordinate the required equipment, documents, consumable parts and components for PSA Marine contractors to perform maintenance, repair and overhaul work;
- Undertake regular reviews on critical parts and components for stocking;
- Supervise docking activities and update Deputy Manager / Manager (Fleet Engineering) on progress of work carried out on docked vessel;
- Work in partnership with Fleet Operations, internal and external stakeholders (classification societies, customers, vendors) to prepare vessels for inspections, surveys, trials, charters and disposal;
- Coordinate with shipyard, procurement and key stakeholders to ensure compliance with statutory, quality and HSE standards and procedures;
- Perform HSE leadership roles such as chairing of safety meetings, conducting risk assessment and reviewing of safe work procedures; and
- Lead and participate in special projects as and when assigned.
The ideal candidate should preferably:-
- Possess a Diploma or Degree in Engineering (Electrical), Engineering (Marine), Engineering (Mechanical) or the equivalent qualification;
- Have at least 2 years’ of relevant working experience in Fleet Engineering;
- Be able to comprehend schematic diagrams of mechanical and electrical drawings;
- Possess strong project management skills as well as a flair for problem-solving and negotiation; and
- Effective leadership, people management and communications skills.