PSA Marine has an excellent
reputation in the marine industry.
Reporting to the Senior Manager (Fleet Engineering) in charge of the fleet engineering function, the successful candidate will lead a team of managers and engineers, providing preventive and corrective maintenance to a fleet of marine vessels that includes harbour tugs, water barges and pilot launches.
The successful candidate is expected to:-
- Lead the frontline engineering and workshop team to provide the maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the company’s marine vessel fleet;
- Plan, schedule and execute preventive maintenance programs;
- Lead and supervise corrective actions, troubleshooting and repair activities;
- Work in partnership with Fleet Operations, internal and external stakeholders (classification societies, customers, vendors) to prepare vessels for inspections, surveys, trials, charters and disposal;
- Analyse and incorporate data and technology to improve competency, processes and methods in the maintenance, repair and overhaul;
- Undertake regular reviews on critical parts and components for stocking;
- Coordinate with shipyard, procurement and key stakeholders to ensure compliance with statutory, quality and HSE standards and procedures;
- Perform HSE leadership roles such as chairing of safety meetings, conducting risk assessment and reviewing of safe work procedures; and
- Lead and participate in special projects as and when assigned.
The ideal candidate should preferably:
- Posses a Degree in Engineering (Electrical), Engineering (Marine), Engineering (Mechanical) or the equivalent qualification;
- Have at least 4 years’ of relevant working experience in Fleet Engineering; and have performed the duties of a ship repair manager for at least 2 years;
- Possess strong business acumen with project management skills as well as a flair for problem-solving and negotiation; and
- Effective leadership, people management and communications skills.